I am trying to install this too for the STM32MP1. The documentation is quite limited without much guidelines. Here is how far I have come
SW4STM32 is provided by OpenSTM as a plugin for Eclipse.
1. Install Java JRE (for Eclipe)
2. Install Eclipse (>= Mars)
4. Create an account
5. go to http://www.openstm32.org/System%2BWorkbench%2Bfor%2BSTM32
6. Take note of the commet for Macs!
P.S: It says you must install
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 lib32ncurses5
but it’s not found on my ubuntu system and seems not neccessary..
Two options to install Workbench /Toolchain
1. Add the software in eclipse by the link as provided. ( http://ac6-tools.com/...) - i used this.
2. Download the installer
Here is the “.run” file listed that STM refers to.
chmod +x install_sw4stm32_linux_64bits-v2.9.run
This will install Ac6 Worbench in the folder you wish.
Then you van create a new or in your case open your project,
It seems you can find i when under the C/C perspective.
Create a new project
Select the AC6 toolchain
Select the board
Ac6 pages are in French by default. Select the english icon...