SW4STM32 and SW4Linux fully supports the STM32MP1 asymmetric multicore Cortex/A7+M4 MPUs

   With System Workbench for Linux, Embedded Linux on the STM32MP1 family of MPUs from ST was never as simple to build and maintain, even for newcomers in the Linux world.
And, if you install System Workbench for Linux in System Workbench for STM32 you can seamlessly develop and debug asymmetric applications running partly on Linux, partly on the Cortex-M4.
You can get more information from the ac6-tools website and download two short videos (registration required) highlighting:

System Workbench for STM32

Issues Installing System Workbench for STM32 from Eclipse

Hey thanks for the response!

I actually figured this out 2 weeks ago, but due to the inactivity of this thread I figured that this would just get lost in time, so posting a followup wouldn’t be necessary. Since I fixed my problem, I deleted the original screwy installation of eclipse, so I cannot cross-check your suggestions.

That being said, I’ll still try to address your suggestions. I’ve done this enough times to be confident that I did in fact choose the right board, but yes, the build settings were incorrect. Comparing them to a project built when my setup worked, several settings were different, and some completely missing (if I remember correctly, the “Mcu” and “Board” were nonexistent). The reason why I didn’t mention this in my original post was because this was also under the category of things-that-changed-after-doing-something-I-don’t-remember. Since it ended up getting fixed (and I didn’t specifically remember the original settings), I left it out.

As for the compilation flags, I can’t speak to that. I don’t remember at all. I would assume they’d be wrong since the original build settings weren’t correct in the first place.

As for what I did to fix it, I’m actually not completely sure (lol). I just deleted the .eclipse, .p2, and STM32Cube directories, then uninstalled and reinstalled everything. The only notable difference is my java version. I originally used the 13.0.1 jdk, but this time used jdk 8u241Question. This magically fixed all my problems, including the WinRegistry exceptions. Maybe give that a try?


Newest Forum Posts

  1. Holy fuck by mkellinghusen, 2020-12-02 22:54
  2. Holy fuck by rhaley-starfish, 2020-12-02 19:46
  3. Unable to Build and Clean Program in STM32CubeIDE by chandlerbing65nm, 2020-12-01 15:25
  4. Holy fuck by jqwpb, 2020-12-01 09:45
  5. Ubuntu 19.04 Debug problems by wigir, 2020-11-29 20:38
  6. SW4STM32 installation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS by ImedBriki, 2020-11-27 23:43
  7. Serial Printing on STM32F1 using CubeMX by LORDHADES, 2020-11-27 09:04
  8. gdb not connected to openocd for debug by avf1906, 2020-11-23 10:26
  9. STM32F103 + CAN -> microcontroller does not release the frame from FIFO banks by amilo_pa, 2020-11-17 09:08
  10. STWINKT1 as HID by greale, 2020-11-13 13:03

Last-Modified Blogs