Loading...
 

SW4STM32 and SW4Linux fully supports the STM32MP1 asymmetric multicore Cortex/A7+M4 MPUs

   With System Workbench for Linux, Embedded Linux on the STM32MP1 family of MPUs from ST was never as simple to build and maintain, even for newcomers in the Linux world.
And, if you install System Workbench for Linux in System Workbench for STM32 you can seamlessly develop and debug asymmetric applications running partly on Linux, partly on the Cortex-M4.
You can get more information from the ac6-tools website and download two short videos (registration required) highlighting:

System Workbench for STM32


STM32F429I-disco Demonstration app success

Hi, just to say I sucessfully rebuilt, loaded and debugged
STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Demonstrations
Very nice - looks like its quite a team of people to make it happen.

It follows the recommended method of building off the STM32Cube tree - its not ideal and uses a lot of diskspace, but it worked,
I received the STM32F429-DISCO board yesterday.
First the STM32F429-DISCO ST-LINK need updating, and I couldn’t find a description in
“UM1662 STM32F429 DIscovery Kit User Manual getting started DM00092920”
So I did by following this example
With STM32F429-DISCO I brought up “ST-Link Utility”
1. then “Target->Settings->Connexion Protocol” Select “JTAG”
2. Disconnect and reconnect the target
4. execute “Firmware update” from “ST-LINK” menu
5. then - “Target->Settings->Connexion Protocol” Select “SWD”

I created a new workspace with SwStm32/AC6 - “uPF329DiscoA
I copied in the STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.9.0\ to V1.9.0F429disco
and I deleted all the unsued projects which took up most of the disk space.
From Eclipse I then did
.File.Import.Existing Projects into Workspace. - entering the following for the root directoy
C:\Users\neilh77\sw\uPF329discoA\V1.9.0F249disco\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Demonstrations\SW4STM32\STM32F429I-Discovery
Then in the project settings.Properties. C/C++ BUild.settings.Tool Settings.Mcu GCC Compiler.Optimization changed the optimization to None (–O0)
Then pressed the hammer - which Build the Project sucessfully - Wonderful!!!

Then from the bug “Debug” icon dropdown, , pulled the drop down, and chose “Debug Configurations.”
Selected AC6 - and pressed new button.
Then for the newly created “STM32F429I-Discovery Debug” tabs Main and Debugger viewed the settings.
Then pressed Debug.

Hey presto it downloaded and stopped at the first line of main()

Wonderful. Fantastic. Thanks to everyone who made this work.

That is Great!!
I am new here and I am glad to hear that you have it working.

I have gotten my STM32F429-DISCO board working under CooCox before in windows no problem.
But I am now using Eclipse and this new OpenSTM32 stuff and it is all new to me, I found it becasue I needed something that works in Linux.

I have had my board for about two or three years now and it has taken me a long time to even get close to using it, so your success is very inspriational to me.

I have finally got the compiler to produce a .bin on some examples I have found, and the .bin to load up to the board and verify correctly.
However the exapmle.bin’s don’t work on my board for some reason, so the search is on for a solid example that will work on this board.
I am very close now I just have to keep pushing on.

Maybe my toolchain is not setup correctly or something I don’t know, I am newbie at this C stuff so setting up toolchains in IDE’s is a bit confusing to me right now, But I am very determined to figure it out.

I am using the Eclipse Mars project and it seems a bit buggy in linux, I was using Luna in windows and it worked great.
Maybe I should try switching to an older version such as Luna or maybe Indigo as I have seen it mentioned in some of the articles I have read.

Cheers!!

jer :-)